»About Hockey Made Easy
»About the Author
»Frequently Asked Questions
About Hockey Made Easy
Hockey Made Easy
is Canada’s premier how to play better hockey. It is a
220+page minor and youth hockey
training instruction .pdf e-book written by Hockey Canada Award
Winner John Shorey.
Guaranteed to make you a better coach, parent teacher and player
or you get your money back!
Hockey Made Easy has helped over 200,000 coaches, parents and players
(boys and girls 5 to 12 years of age and older) from around the world learn how to play hockey correctly and safely since its inception
in 1995 and it will help you.
For a more in-depth review of manual contents, please refer to the
Table of Contents
What content is in "Hockey Made Easy" ?
- 220+ Pages of Hockey Training Information
- 2,000 Valuable Tips regarding hockey gear/equipment,
playing skills, systems,
strategies, stick and skate selection
- 200 practice drills and diagrams
- Easy to Read
- Easy to Understand
- It will get you to the next level
It was published to help both coaches and parents teach basic and team hockey skills, systems and strategies to young
players, boys or girls from 5 to 12 years of age in Beginner, Initiation, Novice, Mite, Atom, Squirt and Pee Wee Hockey.
It is written in an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand language so the information can be easily transferred to your young players to help develop their individual and team hockey skills and knowledge whether playing in a House League or ‘AAA’ Rep Team program.
The first Hockey Made Easy Manual was published in 1995. Today, we are in our
9th edition. It contains over 2,000 helpful tips, 200 illustrated diagrams and numerous practice drills.
We believe the complete 220+ page Hockey Made Easy training
instructional book provides all the important and comprehensive information for Minor/Youth Hockey players from 5 to 12 years of age
with content that is superior to that of any of our competitors.
No one who has purchased Hockey Made Easy has ever returned a manual or requested a refund.
Try it today and you will see the tremendous improvement in your son or daughter’s hockey skill development and knowledge in just a very short period of time—we guarantee it.
– Parents and Coaches Teaching Guide with your Purchase
With the purchase of the complete 220-page Hockey Made Easy Instruction Manual you will receive our 30-page Parents and Coaches Teaching Guide—free of charge.
This will enable dedicated parents and coaches to teach your son, daughter, or players, in a specific teaching sequence, the basic and advanced hockey skills, systems and strategies at your home, in a classroom, gym or large hall, or on the ice at your practices.
The Hockey Made Easy Instruction Manual provides in-depth
training, coaching and teaching instruction on the following topics:
- Skating: forward, backward, stops, starts, turns and 180-degree pivots
- Puckhandling, stickhandling, deking and carrying the puck
- Passing and receiving on forehand and backhand
- Shooting and scoring: including numerous ways and location to shoot and score goals
- Checking: Stick checking & body checking, (to create
and recover a loose puck) safely giving and taking a bodycheck, correctly playing 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 situations
- Goaltending: Stances, Skills and practice drills
- Clearing and breakout plays
- Forechecking systems 2-1-2 aggressive in your face and
1-2-2 neutral zone trap
- Backchecking systems 2-1-2 or 1-2-2
- Power play options
- Penalty killing options aggressive or passive
- Dump and chase
- Puck control
- Composition of lines and defence pairings
- Net coverage and corner work
- How to protect a lead
- Winning Playoff strategy
Basic Hockey Rules:
- Off-sides, delayed off-sides, intentional off-sides
- Icing and non-icing
- Overview of penalties and what causes them
- Aerobic drills
- Anaerobic drills
- Selection of proper gear, dressing
order, stick selection
for length of stick, lie and curve
- Skate sizing and fit, rocker of the
- What foods to eat and when to eat them prior to a game or practice
- What foods to avoid prior to a game or practice
Hockey Terms and Expressions:
- A vast list of hockey terms and expressions that every Minor Hockey coach, parent and player should understand
What Parents, Coaches and Players Need to Know About Minor/Youth Hockey:
- Preparing for a Competitive/Travel/Rep/All Star Team tryout
- Signing a player commitment card for Rep/Travel players or obtaining a release
- Affiliation- what it means and who can be an affiliate player
- When to get your child to the arena for a game or practice
- Parents’ behavior at the game
and much, much, more...
The 4 Hockey Made Easy Instruction Manuals come with a
risk-free 30 day money back
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with
any Hockey Made Easy Instruction
Manual simply return it within 30 days of your purchase date for
a complete no-hassle
John Shorey - Author and Publisher Hockey Made Easy